Ready & Waiting

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Now that we've completed all of our baby preparation classes I feel like I should have an extra bachelors degree in baby care. These couple pictures are from the CPR & safety class. I'm practicing the infant Heimlich maneuver and Amber is working on the infant CPR. Grandpa & Grandma Wiens and Grandma Grant also attended with us. Grandpa Grant was home recovering from shoulder surgery.


Well... apparently everything in our home can kill our children. They definitely know how to make the new parents freak-out. I developed two infant safety systems while sitting in class. The first is the hamster ball approach and the second involves wrapping ones baby in bubble packing wrap. I'll give them a shot in a couple months and let you know how it goes.

Here's my burrito wrapped baby from the swaddling part of our baby care class.

Lamaze class: breathing, pilates balls, back rubs... and our awesome instructor Mary. She was a baby expert, sweet, personable, and from Canada.

1 comments:

Eric said...

That's awesome eh?

 
Grant Squared -