Adventures in Food

Friday, July 24, 2009

The babies started eating "baby food" this month. It's kind of messy, but I think it's fun seeing the babies try new foods. I am making our baby food myself since it's cheaper and tastes better than commercial food. So far the baby food making has gone really well and it's pretty easy to do. (I'm using a blender, at the recommendation of chef Alton Brown). I've made peas, green beans, and sweet potatoes. I discovered that sweet potatoes are really tasty and that I've been missing out! For fruits, I'm just mashing them. They've tried bananas, avocados, peaches, nectarines, pluots, and applesauce. So far, Logan will eat ANYTHING. I think he's going to be our good eater. Charlotte is a bit more discretionary in her tastes. She ends up liking most things after a few tries, but still isn't crazy about green beans. (I guess she takes after her daddy). They've also tried puffs. They give us a "what the heck did you just put into my mouth" look! Since they're doing well with baby food, I'm hoping Logan and Charlotte be able to try Kevin's great cooking in a few months.

"I love peas! Daddy says they give me a green goatee."


"Grandma Grant got us these cool mesh feeders for chunks of food. I get upset and cry when mine runs out of juice."


We love our Fisher Price Space Saver high chairs!

1 comments:

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Logan and Charlotte are adorable!! I love all the pictures! I have the same high chair and I love it. I'm going to have to try that mesh toy for Tyler. He's really into chewing things but he doesn't have any teeth.

 
Grant Squared -